American (Traditional), Breakfast & Brunch, Cocktail Bars
Price Range : $11-30 ($$)
Adress: 801 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: (415) 227-0793
- list_altTakes ReservationsNo
- credit_cardAccepts Credit CardsYes
- tap_and_playAccepts Apple PayYes
- thumb_upGood ForBreakfast, Late Night
- local_parkingParkingGarage, Street, Private Lot
- local_parkingBike ParkingYes
- accessibilityGood for KidsYes
- groupGood for GroupsYes
- insert_emoticonAmbienceCasual, Classy
- volume_upNoise LevelAverage
- music_noteGood For DancingNo
- local_barAlcoholBeer & Wine Only
- calendar_todayBest NightsThu, Fri, Sat
- control_cameraCoat CheckNo
- transit_enterexitOutdoor SeatingNo
- tvHas TVYes
- scatter_plotHas Pool TableNo
- androidAccepts Google PayYes
Great tasting food. My kids loved the atmosphere, the old fashioned, coin operated jukebox at the table, and the vintage cardboard car the food arrived in. We ordered cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings, chicken strips, cokes, granola and a smoothie. Coca-Cola products, so bonus for me since I'm picky about that. Fast service and large portions. Great service.
They serve large plates and it's great food at reasonable prices. It's easy to over-order here as the portions are large. Bring some friends, order several items, and share everything. I really enjoyed the club sandwich and onion rings. The rings we're a little on the oily side but still very crunchy and good.
My friend and I were visiting from out of the area and we greatly enjoyed the ambiance and the food! It was great to see such a great piece of American food history still alive and well and bringing in good business. Food was great and the service as good too. If you're looking for an American classic diner for the family or even just to enjoy the historical ambiance, check this place out.
Love this place! It's amazing to me that so much of the staff has been there for so long. The food is delicious and fresh. And the service is friendly and fast. We always go to Mel's when we visit San Francisco...usually more than once. An extra bonus is a public parking garage next door. Go to Mel's!
Cafe is located in the central part of city. Service was very friendly and competent. All we ordered was tasty and portions have a good size. Wine isn't expensive in comparison with another places around. The carafe of red house wine is 18 dollars. As I could understood, this place doesn't have strong alcoholic drinks. Not bad place for lunch or for dinner.